Friday, June 17, 2005

How Could I Forget to Mention

I made mention to this to Ms. Thing via an IM conversation a few days ago:

Monday:

I came in to work on my favorite day of the week, to see my favorite sight when walking up to my desk, my voicemail light was on. *Damn* I remember thinking to myself What the hell done happen already...fuck. So reluctantly I logged in to retreive my messages that usually sound like possible death threats because someone forgot a damn password or some bullshit.

Welcome to Audix...*touch tones* You have one new message, One, that's it...must not be that bad...yet Pressed 2 to hear the message...when I heard the voice, I recognized it instantly...and it sent an eerie chill up my spine.

Hi this is , I hope you remember me. If you do I need to speak with you, please call me. My number is...speak to you later

I thought to myself, remember you...I'm trying to forget your damn ass. Too bad I was thinking out loud, therefore my co-worker heard me. (I had to pick him up off the floor from laughing so damn hard...) To my surprise it was the voice of an ex-girlfriend who I haven't spoken to in almost a year...what the fuck you want.

You see our relationship abrutly came to an end when I accused her of cheating...with good reasoning. It started again, then ended again when I apparently "caught" her cheating...and that was it. Of course she flipped on me and said I was paranoid and other bullshit...but, my gut knew what the fuck was up, even after her sorry ass story she tried to tell me...when I say sorry...I mean sooooooooooorry. The damn story didn't even remotely make sense, especially when home boy was right there. For one nanosecond...the idea to straight turn a bad situation to an even worse situation came. Just before I reacted...I felt calm ass hell and knew this chick wasn't worth me going to jail. Not even, not me..not over her.

Then suddenly I could hear the gears begin to chrun as I tried to think of possible reasons why she was calling me after a year and after all that drama...there was nothing left to discuss. Pondered...hope she doesn't try to say she's having my baby (Wouldn't put it past her)...but if that was the case, statue of limitation reached it's end a long time ago...unless I got some strong ass, and very determined swimmers. Was she going to tell me she has...well I keep myself checked out...so it wasn't that. Damn what the hell could she want from me now...

I called her while I was at work, cause I figured if she pissed me off I could go yell at my manager and all the venting is done and I go home with a clear head. (I could just go in there and yell at him anyway) She didn't answer...nothing new there. I didn't want her to have my cell number so about a half hour later I called from my cell blocking my caller ID (A page from her book), she didn't answer...damn. Then I remembered that she had my work cell phone number so I called her from there (I figured if she flipped her wig and started blowing up my phone...again (Mind you she's the one that cheated but would call my phone and not say shit and hang up) I would just turn it off...cause its not on most of the time...and if it got real bad...I'd tell my manager that this person has been harrassing me...he would call the damn police and saying she threaten his life or something (He loves calling the cops on people). I left a message.

Later that night:
Phone Rings

Hello?

Hi Dom it's

Hey, how are you?

I'm doing ok, you?

I'm doing well

I guess you're wondering why I called you the other day after a year, right?

Ahhh...yeah

Well I have been trying to get in contact with you for a while now. And I can understand if you hang up the phone, but there is something that I must say to you...I want to apologize for what I did, you didn't deserve it was pretty fucked up.


Holy Shit!!!...get the fuck out of here

Minutes Later...

I don't expect you to accept my apology, but I had to get all that off of my chest, and I don't blame you if you curse me out right now or hang up...

I cut her short...

I accept your apology...really...I do. I can't walk around hating or carrying negative energy like that...it's counterproductive and bad for me. I can tell you meant it, because you didn't have to reach out at all.

"Zen-like motion"

The conversation carried on for a few minutes more as she told me about somethings that happened to her in the last year...Karma is a motherfucker...believe that.

As easy as it would be to do...I can't even stand up and pump my chest out after hearing what has happened to her to say you get what you deserve...that shit ain't right. Doesn't prove or do anything...not a damn thing. I just was taken back for a second that she actually reached out to apologize like that...never had that happen before. But I think the experience was good for the soul...both of ours.

-But we ain't going be pals or no shit like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home